2nd African Conference on Edible and Medicinal Mushrooms.
Mushrooms: The Key to Food, Health and Environmental Security (November 2008, Ghana)
November 17−21, 2008
Novotel Hotel, Accra City Center, Accra, Ghana
You are invited to the 2nd African Conference on Edible and Medicinal Mushrooms (ACEMM), organized by the African Society for Edible and Medicinal Mushrooms, Accra Polytechnic and CSIR-Food Research Institute, Accra.
This conference will be a scientific and culturally rich fun event!
Who should attend:
Topics to be covered
- Mycologists, Microbiologists & Mushroom enthusiasts
- Doctors, Nutritionists & Healers
- Policy makers & Govt. ministries
- NGOs & Rural development agencies
- Ecologists, Bioremediators, Biotechnologists & Environmental experts
- Mushroom farmers & marketers
- Agribusiness specialists
- Mushroom cultivation
- Medicinal properties and pharmacology of active compounds
- Mushroom based supplements (nutriceuticals)
- Fungal physiology, biochemistry and genetics
- Mycoremediation (Fungi mediated bioremediation)
- Biodegradation & bioconversion of agricultural wastes
- Systematics, taxonomy, distribution, ecology & diversity